Welcome to the New DAIDS Learning Portal!
We offer easy access to a wide variety of DAIDS training courses, resources, and support all in one place. Use this guide to learn more about recent upgrades to the site, what you can find in each section, find the resources you need, and make the most of your experience.
End of Adobe Flash and Effects on the DLP
On January 12, 2021 Adobe will discontinue its Flash product. Any providers using Flash will completely remove the service at this time and the Flash player software will no longer function. For more information from Adobe please visit their website.
We are actively working to update the DLP to be compatible with follow-on products that are supported by all browsers. There will be no change in the majority of the DLP or any breaks in service.
The courses below are being updated. They won't be accepting new students before the new versions are released at the end of January. If you need to complete any of these courses please do so before January 12th.
- Community Advisory Boards (CABs) (1190)
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice curriculum
- Introduction to Clinical Research and the Clinical Research Process (1150)
- Research Ethics and Informed Consent (1191)
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Support Team through our online form or via email at email@example.com.
Recent Changes (5/7/19)
In an effort to improve the DAIDS Learning Portal, and to enhance usage to our DAID-sponsored courses and materials, we have made a host of new visual, security, and content improvements. As you navigate around the site you will notice that:
- The overall appearance and organization of the site has been improved
- Our log in process, including resetting passwords, has been streamlined
- Security of sensitive information has been enhanced
- We have reorganized how users access their courses and transcripts
- Additional options to get help and support have been created
Accessing the DLP
Get started with the site by clicking the Log In button at the top right of screen:
- New to the site? You will need to create an account, by clicking on the Create New Account button on the right. Fill out the online form, making sure to include your DAIDS-issued site ID and the name of your site, and clicking the submit button at the bottom of the page. If you are unsure of what that ID is ask your site's Principle Investigator, or the DAIDS Program Officer overseeing your site, for it.
- Already a user? The first time you access the site after the upgrade you will need to change your password. Click on the "Forgot Your Password" button on the right side of the screen and fill out the form using your DLP-associated email address. You will receive an email that walks you through the password reset process. Once you complete those steps, you will be logged in.
Tour of the DLP
Take a minute to look around the site:
- Home: The home page provides quick access to all the main areas of the website.
- My Courses: Here you will find your personalized course area, including the courses you have already enrolled in and your course completion transcripts
- Course Catalog: This section has a full list of our courses with search options
- Resources: You will find a wealth of information about DAIDs policies, training requirements, etc.
- FAQs: An exhaustive list of community-sourced frequently asked questions about the DLP
- Help: Multiple options to reach out to the DAIDS Support Team to get help
Still have questions about the upgrade or directions for more information? Reach out to us for more support at firstname.lastname@example.org