Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the DAIDS Learning Portal?
- What is the DAIDS Learning Management System (LMS)?
- How do I search for training materials, resources, and content in the DAIDS Learning Portal?
- How will I benefit from using the DAIDS LMS?
- How will DAIDS communicate news about the DLP, updates to courses, and other important information?
- Where do I find information and resources about NIAID-funded clinical trial networks?
- How often will these FAQs be updated?
- Do you still have questions that were not addressed on this page?
Learning Portal Access
- Who can use the DAIDS Learning Portal?
- What if I am a member of a non-network site? Will I be able to use the DAIDS Learning Portal?
- I am having trouble remembering my username, how can I find that out?
- What should I do if I forget my password?
- My DAIDS Learning Portal password has expired. How should I proceed?
- What training is required by DAIDS?
- Are any of the training courses available in other languages?
- Can my site conduct a group training on a specific course within the DAIDS LMS?
- Where can I find information related to Clinical Quality Management Plans (CQMP) at my site?
Learning Management System (LMS)
- How do I view my completed work?
- Is there an option to enter training that has previously been completed but is not showing on my LMS transcript?
- I reviewed a course in the DAIDS LMS, but the system is not registering my completion. How do I move on?
- In the DAIDS LMS, I do not see anything in My Courses. How do I locate available courses?
The DAIDS Learning Portal is a website that gives you easy access to training courses, materials, and resources. You can take an online course, get live assistance with your training needs, connect with your colleagues, and more. Request an account or click here to log-in and access the DAIDS Learning Portal.
The DAIDS LMS is web-based software that offers DAIDS-supported clinical research staff, collaborators, and DAIDS training partners the ability to complete online training courses 24 hours a day. Through the LMS, you can keep track of your training progress, review your history of completions, and obtain certificates of completion. Click here to log-in and access the DAIDS Learning Management System.
You will find a search box at the top of every page. Type any keywords in the box, then press 'Enter' or click on the magnifying glass icon. A page will open displaying your search results, which can be filtered by Type, Format, Topic, or Network Affiliation (for resources only). If you have any questions, or have difficulty locating materials and resources, please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team.
Clinical research staff can use the DAIDS LMS as a convenient, easy, and effective way to take training courses and provide evidence of completed training courses (certificates). Using this system can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of managing and reporting training activities at multiple levels across the DAIDS-funded Clinical Research Program.
When there is news or other important information, a News banner will appear at the top of the DAIDS Learning Portal home page.
Click on the banner to get to a page that shows the news.
Visit the NIAID Clinical Trials Network Resources page.
The DAIDS Training Support Team keeps track of all questions that are asked. Once the DAIDS Training Support Team identifies a question that qualifies as an FAQ, this page is updated. Check back to see what’s been added!
The DAIDS Learning Portal is available for all staff in any of the DAIDS-supported and/or sponsored sites, including clinical staff, laboratory staff, pharmacy staff, and Community Advisory Board members, as well as collaborating partners. Click here to request an account.
Yes. All DAIDS-supported and/or sponsored sites and partners can access and use the DAIDS Learning Portal.
Most usernames follow a standard format of your Last Name_First Initial (e.g., Smith_J). For additional assistance, please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team.
Access the Password Reset and click 'Reset Password.' Follow the prompts in the PMP to reset your password. Please note that you will need to answer security questions you set-up when you changed your password before accessing the DAIDS Learning Portal for the first time. If you have any questions or do not remember the answers to your security questions, please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team.
Use your current password to log into the Password Reset. You will be prompted to change your password. In the "Old Password" field, type your password, and then create a new password and confirm it in the associated fields. If you need assistance, please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team.
The DAIDS Courses page has information on training requirements and recommendations related to:
- DAIDS Clinical Research Policies eLearnings
- Human Subjects Protection (HSP)/Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Clinical Quality Management Plans (CQMP)
- The Clinical Site Monitoring (CSM) System
- The DAIDS Adverse Experience Reporting System (DAERS)
- The DAIDS Protocol Registration System (DPRS)
You can also review the Training Required by DAIDS page for additional details.
For technical questions about the courses, please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team. For questions about policy requirements at your site, please contact your Program Officer (PO).
Yes, we have the Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) trainings in French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Thai. Also, the HIV Research Counseling and Testing (HRCT) training is available in Spanish. Continue checking the FAQ frequently for updates, as we may add courses in other languages in the future.
Yes. A staff member may conduct group trainings on specific courses within the DAIDS LMS. After completion of the training, all attendees must sign and date an attestation form and send it to the DAIDS Training Support Team. A Support Team member will add this course to each of the attendee's "Transcripts" so they are able to print out a certificate of completion. *Note: The courses are designed to provide learners with everything they need to know about a certain topic. For some site-based trainings, attestations will not be accepted. These include, but are not limited to DAERS, DPRS, CSM and other courses on DAIDS technical systems. If you have any questions about a particular course, please email the DAIDS Training Support Team for assistance.
DAIDS has developed a number of resources to support you in your clinical quality management activities.
- The Requirements for Clinical Quality Management Plans (CQMP) policy provides the minimum requirements for developing, implementing and evaluating a CQMP.
- For an overview of the CQMP policy, you can take our Clinical Quality Management Plans (Policy eLearning) course.
- You can refer to the CQMP Policy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document for questions about fillable PDF reports, submission requirements, and QA review parameters.
- You can take the CQMPs: Clinical Research Site (CRS) Quality Management (QM) Activities eLearning course to learn more about the QM activities covered under your site's CQMP and see how the results from those activities feed into the summary report submitted to DAIDS.
- The Clinical Quality Management Training Resources page provides high-level information about quality management, as well as links to other supporting courses.
If you have questions about policy requirements which are not covered in these resources, please contact your PO. For any technical questions about the courses, contact the DAIDS Training Support Team.
The status of any training is recorded in real-time in the DAIDS LMS. Select the Transcripts button located on the right-hand side of the DAIDS LMS page to view your training history.
Is there an option to enter training that has previously been completed but is not showing on my LMS transcript?
Yes. The DAIDS LMS captures information on what courses have been completed. Please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team to assist you in recording previous items.
I reviewed a course in the DAIDS LMS, but the system is not registering my completion. How do I move on?
Be sure that you have opened and reviewed every page or slide of the course in the DAIDS LMS. Additionally, if there are interactive questions or assessments, be sure to complete those. If the course still is not completing, please contact the DAIDS Training Support Team for assistance.
My Courses is not automatically populated with courses. You can locate courses that you are interested in by selecting the ‘Browse Courses’ button located on the right-hand side of the LMS page. You may also locate courses by selecting ‘Courses’ from the Portal home page. Then click ‘View All Courses and Materials.‘